[XML-SIG] Experiences with XML signing and encryption?

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Fri Sep 10 06:58:48 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

We are about to start working on a project that will involve having to
do some (correctly implemented) XML signing and encryption work. I do
not have any real experience with Python libraries for doing this.

Can anybody share some real-world war stories about doing this sort of
thing in Python? My normal method -- find one of Uche's articles where
he has written about this -- does not seem to be working this time.

My "if all else fails" plan is to use the xmlsec library (on top of
libxml2) and write Python bindings if needs be, since I quite like the
library. But I would rather use something with proven bindings if
possible.

Cheers,
Malcolm