[XML-SIG] Install problem with pyXML on win32

Blair Hall b.hall at irl.cri.nz
Mon Sep 20 07:08:11 CEST 2004

I have tried without success to install the latest (0.8.3 and 0.8.2 for
Python 2.2,
and 0.8.3 for Python 2.3) versions of pyXML. I have obtained the files from
various
different download mirrors and also tried the installation on two different
WinXP machines.

I come up against the same problem each time:
the executable simply does not install the package!?

After allowing me to choose a few directory details (the defaults are fine),
it goes to the 'installation in progress' stage, but just sits there doing
nothing!
'Cancel' exits.

I have not had difficulty with other software installation on these machines
(even today!) so could something be wrong with the pyXML distribution files?

Can anyone help?