[XML-SIG] Sequential SAX2 Filters?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Thu Apr 14 15:18:05 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 04:43 -0500, Lists wrote:

> Sorry, I did not review the article you suggested close enough. I
> reviewed it again and saw that you had understood me and given me a
> solution. Thank you very much. All of your articles have helped to fill
> the void in understandable documentation.

Always happy to help, and it's fun to use the time machine :-) .  For
completeness, I'll mention what you might have already discovered.  The
first optional parameter to XMLGenerator is an output buffer, and it can
be a string buffer.  So if instead of, as in listing 1 of the article:

        logger = XMLGenerator(output, encoding)

You do

        import cStringIO #Probably want to import this at the top
        buffer = cStringIO.StringIO()
        logger = XMLGenerator(buffer, encoding)

Then all the output from the generator would be accumulated in buffer,
and you could get it using buffer.getvalue().

Good luck.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com