[XML-SIG] automatically building Python data structures from DOM trees?

Luis Miguel Morillas morillas at unizar.es
Fri Dec 2 14:07:16 CET 2005

Mensaje citado por Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen at xs4all.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a package that will translate a minidom tree into
> something which  is native python, i.e. translate
>
> <bar>
>     <bla>
>        <foo id="1" />
>        <foo id="2" />
>     </bla>
> </bar>
>
> into a python object, for which the following holds
>
>     bar.bla[1].id == "2"
>

> Of course,  I would have to supply a mapping from names like "bar" and
> "bla" to my own classes (probably deriving from xml.node).
>
> Does such a thing exist?

Yes, Try Amara (http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/amara/)

<monty>
  <python spam="eggs">What do you mean "bleh"</python>
  <python ministry="abuse">But I was looking for argument</python>
</monty>

Becomes a data structure such that you can write:

binding.monty.python.spam

In order to get the value "eggs" or

binding.monty.python[1]

--