[XML-SIG] Create XML string with python

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:10:48 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:44 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:09 +0100, Marco Meoni wrote:
> Hi. I have to create a XML string from a GUI. In the GUI i have some
> "bottons". Clicking on this bottons the program should create a XML in
> a string (a STRING, the XML must be into a Python STRING  ;-)   )
> If you have an idea or a .py please send me...
> All is welcome, you can send me example, ideas, the solution or what
> you want!!
> I must include this function in a program soon and have a little bit
> of time!!!
> Thanks to all and sorry for my "italian" english...

Almost all XML toolkits will allow you to serialize to a string.  There
are many toolkits you can choose from.  Do you have any other details on
your specific needs?

My recommendation, just pick a toolkit and read its docs to see how to
write XML to string.  You may need to use the cStringIO module, but this
is very easy.

Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com
http://copia.ogbuji.net                   http://4Suite.org <http://4suite.org/>
Articles: http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/publications/