[XML-SIG] Create XML string with python

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:10:48 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:44 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:09 +0100, Marco Meoni wrote:
> Hi. I have to create a XML string from a GUI. In the GUI i have some
> "bottons". Clicking on this bottons the program should create a XML in
> a string (a STRING, the XML must be into a Python STRING  ;-)   )
> If you have an idea or a .py please send me...
> All is welcome, you can send me example, ideas, the solution or what
> you want!!
> I must include this function in a program soon and have a little bit
> of time!!!
> Thanks to all and sorry for my "italian" english...

Almost all XML toolkits will allow you to serialize to a string.  There
are many toolkits you can choose from.  Do you have any other details on
your specific needs?

My recommendation, just pick a toolkit and read its docs to see how to
write XML to string.  You may need to use the cStringIO module, but this
is very easy.

  --
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com