[XML-SIG] Re: ANN: cElementTree 0.9.2 (january 15, 2005)

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 20:00:42 CET 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Time for a new release.  The 0.9.2 release is 10-20% faster than 0.8 on
> my benchmarks, and uses 5-15% less memory.  You can consider this to
> be the first 1.0 release candidate.
>
> Here are some benchmark results, using a number of popular XML tool-
> kits to parse a 3405k source file on my development machine:

I'd be interested in the benchmark results for Uche Ogbuji's Amara
XML toolkit, which seems to aim to target a similar audience as
cElementTree ("Pythonic" XML processing). Is the benchmark code/data
available anywhere?

Paul.
--
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we
didn't. -- Erica Jong