[XML-SIG] Problem using schema instead of DTD

Tim van Erven tve at vormig.net
Tue Jan 18 16:10:48 CET 2005

On Fri, 14/01/2005 10:19 -0700, Mike Brown wrote:
> Tim van Erven wrote:
>> And the output of my program looks like this, which won't validate:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <!DOCTYPE ltp>
>> <ltp xmlns="http://www.example.org/info"
>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/info someschema.xsd">
>>
>> <text>This is some modified sample text.</text>
>> </ltp>
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get rid of the !DOCTYPE line? Is that the right
>> thing to do anyway?

> Another possibility is that the tool you are using does not recognize the
> minimal DOCTYPE declaration that is being added to your document. Such a
> declaration serves no real purpose, but is permitted to exist by the XML spec.
> It is an often-overlooked 'feature' of XML though; some parsers may reject it
> out of ignorance.

I'm using the validator at:

  http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/

It stopped complaining after removing the DOCTYPE declaration - thanks
Andrew Clover!:

  if document.doctype is not None:
          document.removeChild(document.doctype)

Thanks for the explanation. This solves my problem.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim van Erven <tve at vormig.net>