[XML-SIG] PyXML

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Fri Jan 28 15:20:09 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:42:32PM +0100, kaouther wrote:
> salutations,
> j'ai installé Zope-2.6.2-win32-x86.exe
> qui a python 2.1, win32-x86
> et je voulais mettre en place silva,
> j'ai téléchargé Silva-1.0rc4-all.tgz
> j'ai trouvé une indication que je dois installer PyXML
> MAIS AUCUNE VERSION NE SEMBLE MARCHER SUR MA PLATEFORME WINDOWS
> J'AI BIEN ESSAYER PyXML-0.7.1.win32-py2.1.exe,
> PyXML-0.8.1.win32-py2.1.exe, PyXML-0.8.4.win32-py2.2.exe
> pouvez vous m'aider et m'indiquer la version de PyXML qui me convient

I think this is a zope problem caused by Zope binary installation not
registering the python installation it does in the Windows registry. The
problem is that the installers for python extension modules then cannot
find the python implementation.

One easy solution is to install python 2.1 from the binary installer,
install pyxml on that python installation, and then copy the _xmlplus
directory in the corresponding directory of Zope's python installation.

Asking your question on a zope dedicated mailing list would be the right
thing to do. Be sure to google for it first, since this is a FAQ.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).