[XML-SIG] XBEL / Call for extension

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 28 17:55:58 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 17:26, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 16:57 +0100, Christian Junk wrote:
> > >
> > > RELAX NG, please.
> >
> > So, don't you like XML Scheme?
>
> No.  I don't like W3C XML Schema.  I think it's far too quirky and
> complex.
>
> But no need for schema language wars.  We can start with one language
> and use tools such as trang to generate others.  I do think that RELAX
> NG has the most expressive power (except for Schematron), so I still
> think it's the best starting place.

Yep. I'm 100% for Relax NG too.
Best expressive power and validation tools (http://www.koffice.org/developer/fileformat/validate.php)

On Friday 28 January 2005 16:44, Christian Junk wrote:
> Including the icons as base64-encoded data is one of the easiest way, but if
> your bookmark collection is large enough, then the icon data will blow up the
> XML file.

Hence the idea of using URLs instead, to point to local or remote files.
"Exporters" can always allow people to "inline" all the icons as base64 data,
without this being the default mode of operation.