[XML-SIG] PyXML and Mac OS 10.3.8

Peter Herndon herndonp at mskcc.org
Wed Mar 16 15:59:10 CET 2005

pyconfig.h exists on my 10.3.8 Mac:

MHUG-S1021-G4-1-25:~ herndon$ locate pyconfig.h
/sw/include/python2.3/pyconfig.h
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3/pyconfig.h

The one in /sw/include comes from fink, but the one in /System/Library
is the Apple-installed version.  Graham, I don't have any way to test
whether or not pyconfig.h is only included if you've installed the
Apple Developer tools, but if you haven't, that might be the cause.

I just installed it myself ("python setup.py build"  and "sudo python
setup.py install") and it worked:

 >>> import xml
 >>> dir(xml)
['__all__', '__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__',
'__path__', '__version__', 'version_info']
 >>> xml.version_info
(0, 8, 4)

Did you install the Apple Developer Tools?  And what process did you
use to build and install PyXML?

---Peter Herndon