[XML-SIG] Help installing 4Suite on Windows

Uche Ogbuji Uche.Ogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Mar 22 21:30:02 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 08:56 -0600, Greg Lindstrom wrote:
> I have downloaded the 4Suite package and installed in for Python 2.4 on
> my windows box.  I have modified the config file (in
> C:\Python24\Share\Settings\4Suite\4ss.xml) to use flat-file access and
> then defined the  pid and log file paths as defined in the quick start
> guide (page 12).  I have set both FTSERVER_CONFIG_FILE and
> FT_DATABASE_DIR environment variables.  I am (or was) very excited!
>
> I type in "4ss_manager --help" and get the help message, but when I type
> in "4ss_manager init" I get the an AttributeError sating that "module"
> has no attribute ELEMENT_NODE.  Have I missed something?  Can you help me?

Just a follow up, Greg seemed to have problems with module set-up.
After fiddling a bit, he got it working.  See threads throughout:

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/4suite/2005-March/thread.html

Use CSS to display XML, part 2 - http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss2-i.html
Introducing the Amara XML Toolkit - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/01/19/amara.html
Gems from the Mines: 2002 to 2003 - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/03/02/pyxml.html