[XML-SIG] Moving XBEL to SourceForge

John L. Clark jlc6 at po.cwru.edu
Sat Nov 19 22:00:59 CET 2005

Uche Ogbuji proposed that development of XBEL move to an independent
SourceForge project earlier this year[0].  There wasn't a lot of motion
surrounding that idea.  I'd like to renew this interest in breaking XBEL
off into a separately-maintained project.

I have a few questions.  First of all, the points Uche made are still
valid; does this community think that working on XBEL independently is a
good idea, and not too disruptive?  Second, where can we obtain the
currently available XBEL resources (web pages, etc.)?  Finally, who is
still interested in participating, and in what capacity?

I think that if we don't hear a strong negative reaction to this idea
soon, we should go ahead and rev up with this on SourceForge.  I look
forward to hearing your ideas about this and XBEL in general.

Take care,

    John L. Clark

[0] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2005-February/010901.html