[XML-SIG] Namespace prefix being changed while saving file.

Ajay Abhyankar ajay at infogridpacific.com
Mon Feb 20 14:33:44 CET 2006

Hi,

I was trying cElementTree for reading and updating an xml file. I am
using iterparse to parse and make relevant changes to the xml as required.
Everything works very fine till I use a valid xml namespace in xml file.
It is not giving any problems in manipulation of file content, but only
changes the namespace prefix on its own to something like "ns0" and
retains the original URL, when the file is written back after updates.
Can the namespace prefix be retained after manipultion? Am I doing
something wrong or have I missed out on something.
Please help to understand and solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Ajay