[XML-SIG] Python 2.4.2, OS X, ucs4 build, unicodedata problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Feb 28 19:40:53 CET 2006

Ken Beesley wrote at 2006-2-12 14:20 +0100:
>THE PROBLEM: when I try (manually, or in a script) to import the
>unicodedata package, I get the traceback below, which seems to
>complain about a symbol __PyUnicodeUCS2_ToNumeric not being
>found when the unicodedata module is imported.

Looks that you did not rebuild "unicodedata".

Whenever you change the generations options for a Python build,
you usually need to regenerate all extensions (such as "unicodedata")
to ensure that they use the same options.

Usually, a "make clean" should be sufficient to get rid of the old
versions.

--
Dieter