[XML-SIG] Pyxml question

Matthias Dorfner md at xlhost.de
Sat May 27 13:58:56 CEST 2006

Hello,

first of all thanks a lot for your great pyxml descriptions on your
homepage, it helps me a lot!
Nevertheless I've still some problems creating my xml file with the
correct double quoted string in the namespace, here one example:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<request xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xmlns:noNameSpaceSchemaLocation='Handle.xsd'>

I need exactly this output but not single quoted(' -> "). Here's the code
I use to create this one:

dom = xml.dom.minidom.getDOMImplementation()
doc = dom.createDocument(None, "request", None)

#Get the document element
msg_elem = doc.documentElement

#Create an xmlns attributes on the root element
msg_elem.setAttributeNS(XMLNS_NAMESPACE, "xmlns:xsi",
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance")
msg_elem.setAttributeNS(XMLNS_NAMESPACE, "xsi:noNameSpaceSchemaLocation",
"Handle.xsd")

Maybe you know what I can do, I tried a lot but nothing worked.

Thanks for your time,
Greetings

Matthias D.

www.xlhost.de