[XML-SIG] Creating an Entity reference

Vines, John (Civ, ARL/CISD) jvines at arl.army.mil
Tue Oct 10 20:24:20 CEST 2006

All,
	I'm having a bit of an issue understanding how to create an
entity .  My understanding is to create an instance of a document and
use the "createEntityReference(name)" method to create the entity.

At present I am using the code below to generate my XML document:

#Python 2.4.3

from xml.dom import getDOMImplementation

impl = getDOMImplementation()
doctype = impl.createDocumentType( 'Xdmf', None, 'Xdmf.dtd' )
self.xml_doc = impl.createDocument(None, "Xdmf", doctype)
self.root = self.xml_doc.documentElement
self.xml_doc.appendChild( self.root )

How would I modify it to add an entity reference?

Thanks in advance,

John