[XML-SIG] ANN: 4Suite XML 1.0rc4

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Fri Sep 15 19:13:26 CEST 2006

Today we release 4Suite XML 1.0 release candidate 4, now available
from Sourceforge and ftp.4suite.org.

Thanks to all the testers, there are a number of important improvements
over 1.0rc3.  Please continue to help us test 4Suite to ensure a
high-quality 1.0 final release.

4Suite is split into three separate packages:

4Suite XML - XML, XPath, XSLT, related technologies and support libraries
4Suite RDF - RDF processing libraries and stand-alone DBMS
4Suite Repository - XML and RDF repository

This is a release of only the first component.

Highlights of changes in 4Suite XML since 1.0rc3
--

* Installer improvements
* Ft/Xml/Xslt/Exslt/DateTime.py: Implemented default values for

4Suite XML is a comprehensive library for XML processing.  It is
implemented in Python and C and supports XML (SAX-like and DOM-like),
XPath, XSLT, RELAX NG, XUpdate, XInclude, XPointer, and more.

The manual is included in the documents, or you can browse it online at

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/etc/CoreManual.html

For general information, see:

http://4suite.org
http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/

For the files, see:

ftp://ftp.4suite.org/pub/4Suite/

Mirrored on www.fourthought.com:

http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite_XML-1.0rc4-py2.3-win32.egg
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite_XML-1.0rc4-py2.4-win32.egg
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite_XML-1.0rc4-py2.5-win32.egg
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.tar.bz2
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.tar.gz
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.zip
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.win32-py2.2.exe
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.win32-py2.3.exe
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.win32-py2.4.exe
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-1.0rc4.win32-py2.5.exe
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-docs-1.0rc4.tar.bz2
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-docs-1.0rc4.tar.gz
http://www.fourthought.com/files/4Suite/4Suite-XML-docs-1.0rc4.zip

You can also get the files on Python CheeseShop:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/4Suite-XML/

We usually upload to Sourceforge, and will do so as soon as we can, but
server errors have made it impossible for us to complete the file release
so far.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/foursuite/
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39954

Documentation:

In the locations specified above, with filenames of the form

4Suite-XML-docs-1.0rc4.*

Release notes
--
The current installation directory layout document tells where package files
are installed:

http://4suite.org/docs/installation-locations.xhtml

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com