[XML-SIG] Installing PyXML problems

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 31 21:48:32 CEST 2007

Liam Childs wrote at 2007-8-30 13:33 +0200:
>I'm getting the following error when trying to install PyXML after running "python setup.py install":
>
>error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
>extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
>Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
>you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

This is a *VERY* informative error message. Read it carefully.

It precisely tells you what went wrong (did not find a Visual Studio 2003)
and tells you a workaround.

To solve your problem: either install Visual Studio 2003 and
run "setup.py install" again (you probably must pay lots of dollars
to MS) or you install the priceless "Cygwin" and run
"setup.py -c mingw32 install".

--
Dieter