[XML-SIG] lxml 1.3 released

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Jul 1 18:02:33 CEST 2007

Gloria W wrote:
> There's no chance of getting an extension to this module which supports
> DOM2, is there? I cannot work with the current PyXML DOM2 support. It is
> inflexible (does not allow subtree construction/insertion), is buggy,
> and bloated. I wrote my own, but I don't have time to implement the
> range() functionality. Let me know if there are plans to extend this. It
> would be great.

Ah, I forgot to say that lxml.etree is obviously flexible enough to support a
DOM compatible implementation on top of itself. It's just that no-one has done
it and it is unlikely that someone takes the time to actually do it. It would
not add any functionality that isn't there already, just with a less pythonic API.

In case you consider starting such a thing, here's how to do it:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/element_classes.html

Stefan