[XML-SIG] Questions about lxml/ElementTree

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Thu Jun 7 22:34:02 CEST 2007

I'm using lxml and ElementTree.  I like them.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. When I get the tag for a node (element) using node.tag, I see
   something like this::

       {http://xxxx.com/ns/yyyy}zzzz

   The stuff inside curly brackets is the namespace.  I don't need
   that, so I use a regular expression to strip it off.

   My question is -- Is there a way to get the tag (element name)
   without a namespace.  I'll feel silly at some time in the
   future after writing lots of code that strips the namespace
   if I find that there is an easier way.

2. When I use lxml, I call method node.getparent().  But, ElementTree
   elements do not support the getparent method.  I'd like to
   suggest that it be added.  How should I do that.

Thanks for help.

Dave