[XML-SIG] How to parse an XML in SAX

Alexandro Colorado jza at openoffice.org
Mon Nov 12 17:06:06 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 05:06:56 -0600, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
wrote:

> [going back to the list]
>
> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:38:21 -0600, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The tool I actually mentioned, cElementTree, should also work just
>>> fine on
>>> 2.3. Note also that ElementTree (without the 'c') is pure Python, so it
>>> doesn't require you to compile anything.
>>
>> Thanks for selling me into ElementTree however I cant because the
>> version of the Python distribution that is being shipped doesn't has
>> element tree so this make this a particular situation that I can only
>> used the standard libraries.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this. You are writing Python code, right? Why
> can't
> you just add another Python source file? (such as ElementTree.py)
>
> Stefan

Well first of, will it be backward compatible with 2.3?

How can I include it on the fly without modifying the base install?

What's wrong with SAX, aside from this whitespace issue I already have the
parsing I want. Plus SAX is not just a python thing I might need SAX for
other languages.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Help the Tabasco Relief efforts: