[XML-SIG] [Fwd: Re: xml to word document conversion]

prajwala.manchikatla at azri.biz prajwala.manchikatla at azri.biz
Fri Sep 21 07:30:41 CEST 2007

Subject: Re: [XML-SIG] xml to word document conversion
From:    prajwala.manchikatla at azri.biz
Date:    Fri, September 21, 2007 7:28 am
To:      "Ellinghaus, Lance" <lance.ellinghaus at eds.com>

Thanks for your reply.

I found some clue in the below link.

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/09/07/XMLnword2003.html?page=1

That article in that link is using xslt to convert normal xml to
wordprocessingML which is used by ms word 2003 and above.
I tested that example and it is working well.
But there is some problem, the out put file is again an xml.
If i open that xml file in the ms word 2003 it is opening as document. But
when i rename it as .doc and open in the word , it is showing that xml
code. I want the extension should be doc so that can open that file
directly using ms word. In the current case if it is xml file no one will
open that in word and the default option of xml editor will be shown
there.

can any one try to solve.

> You would have to create a converter yourself.
> Look for WordSheetML specifications on the Microsoft website.
>
> There is also a SpreadSheetML for creating spreadsheets (working on a
Python module for this).

Behalf Of prajwala.manchikatla at azri.biz