[XML-SIG] spam

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 10:56:03 CEST 2008

Bogdan Bivolaru wrote:
> Spammers seem to have an unlimited number of email accounts - ban one
> they'll apply again using another account.
> I think it's a good step, but I don't think it's enough.

Actually, on the 10 or so lists I moderate, I can assure you turning on
moderation for new members is 100% successful at stopping normal
subscribers to the list receiving spam. It's only the list admins to
have to deal with the spam, so there are no losers with this strategy.

Moreso, it seems that the spammers eventually get the idea that they'll
get nowhere with that list and give up applying.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk