[XML-SIG] python premiere language for processing XML?

D VanBoom dvboom at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 22:35:29 CET 2008

You claim to want Python to be the premier language for processing XML - but your pyxml module only supports Python 2.4?  I am trying to learn Python and so far very impressed with the core language but the Python community is a disaster area.

Documentation is sparse, fragmented and very poorly written. Examples are rare, and many modules are not compiled against the latest version of Python.

I am writing this mostly out of frustration of a wasted afternoon trying to find a way to turn an XML string into HTML using some XSLT stylesheets I have already built and working in PHP.  (It only took me 10 minutes to learn this in PHP thanks to their outstanding documentation.)

I just wanted to let you know that I think your XML SIG and pyxml project appears dead and should be removed from the Python community.

best regards,
Don