[XML-SIG] python-xml unsupported?

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Tue Feb 12 15:36:32 CET 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Bob Kline wrote:
> Are there any plans to include the XML validation support in the
> standard Python libraries at some point?

I don't know of any such plans at this time.  Most programmers aren't
actually in need of schema-based validation most of the time, though
there are clearly times when it would be handy.  Even then, however,
getting programmers to agree as to what's needed doesn't result in a
single clear set of requirements, mostly due to the variety of schema
languages available; everyone needs something different.

Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>