[XML-SIG] PyXML for py 2.5

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Tue Feb 12 18:06:05 CET 2008

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> What about changing the "XML" link on the Python homepage to point to a
> Wiki page? I think this one would come close:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonXml

If I understand the responses I got to my original question correctly,
the SIG views the lxml package as the successor to PyXML, its former but
now abandoned flagship for making Python the premier language for XML
processing.  Is that right?  If so, I'm not sure that this WiKi  page
makes that fact clear.  If I misunderstood the responses I got, well,
it's hard to imagine Python becoming the premier language for XML
processing without support for document validation in the standard
library distribution.

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com