[XML-SIG] Converting XML Schema to data struture and then to XML

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Jan 28 11:28:04 CET 2008

Hi,

Stefan Behnel wrote:

>>>  this
>>>  would like
>> In case you can do without the schema, lxml.objectify might be worth a
>>  look:
>>
>> http://codespeak.net/lxml/dev/objectify.html
>>
>> Thanks Stefan,
>>
>> But my primary requirement is converting XML Schema.
>
> Sure, no problem. But may I ask what the reasoning behind this requirement is?
> I mean, code generation isn't really a value by itself.

Just in case you're interested (and since similar topics have come up a couple
of times on lxml's mailing list), I added a doc section on parse-time schema
validation in lxml 2.0 here:

http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk/doc/objectify.txt

Look out for section 2, "Asserting a Schema". It's not yet included in the
online docs at

http://codespeak.net/lxml/dev/objectify.html

but it will appear there by the end of the week.

Stefan