[XML-SIG] Alternatives for xml.dom.ext.reader.HtmlReader?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri May 30 22:40:34 CEST 2008

Iwan Vosloo wrote:
> We don't really want to use libxml2dom as also suggested there, since it
> is not packaged for ubuntu (and dealing with ad-hoc unpackaged things
> would be a nightmare in our environment).

Try lxml, it's packaged in Ubuntu. However, for HTML, you might want to use
lxml.html, which is an enhanced tool set for HTML handling that comes with
lxml 2.0. That's not currently in Ubuntu, but it's in Debian (and it's also
trivial to install with easy_install in Ubuntu).

http://codespeak.net/lxml

Stefan