[XML-SIG] Installing PyXML problems

psems paul at semsfamily.com
Thu Nov 6 17:58:40 CET 2008

I'm new to Python too and ran into this problem also and couldn't find the
direct answer...

Try this, it worked for me...

1. Visit:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435

2. Download & Run: Automated MinGW Installer (make sure you check the base,
g++ and Make)

3. Update your PATH: Add the C:\mingw\bin directory to the system PATH

4. Create (or edit): C:\Python25\Lib\distutils\distutils.cfg and add the
following 2 lines:

[build]
compiler=mingw32

That should do it for you! It worked for me :)

I found this solution at:
http://livingpyxml.python-hosting.com/wiki/AmaraWindowsInstallTips