[XML-SIG] lxml and py2exe

Jan Mewes jan-mewes at web.de
Tue Jan 13 09:22:27 CET 2009

Hi,
I've a problem with lxml in an .exe file from py2exe. This is the
error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PyQuizzer.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 82, in load_module
  File "questions.pyc", line 2, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 98, in load_module
  File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 47, in lxml.etree (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:
124316)
ImportError: No module named _elementpath

I've tryed to build a minimal file but it doen't cause this problem.
but there is no error-message. It simply closes the console.

I've found a similar problem in the archives of lxml-dev but I don't
understand the solution.
http://codespeak.net/pipermail/lxml-dev/2007-August/002909.html
Would you be so kind to explain it to me, if you 've got it?

Thanks in advance!
Jan