[XML-SIG] XSLT 2.0 implementation in Python?

Christof Hoeke csad7 at t-online.de
Thu Jun 18 12:38:15 CEST 2009

 > I just wanted to ask if there's any Python XML implementation which
 > supports XSLT 2.0 (e.g. <xsl:analyte-text>). The only thing I found was
 > Saxon, but it's only for Java/.NET (and I don't want to use Jython).

I have looked for a native Python implementation for some time now but
no chance it seems. With Jython 2.5final out Saxon is an alternative (I
currently try to use e.g. web.py with it to be able to use XSLT 2 for
web site templating). You could also try Saxon with IronPython, should
work but I have not tried it yet.

Only option to use Java/Saxon via Python would to be call Saxon a an os
command and pipe the result back to your Python program. Does work but
you still need Java in addition to Python but at least write your
program in (C)Python. Also you cannot transform any e.g. lxml tree
directly, you would have to reserialize any XML.

But if you find anything let me know!

Chris