[XML-SIG] Something's definitely wrong...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 21 14:42:09 CET 2010

ssteiner at idc wrote at 2010-1-20 08:43 -0500:
>I'm using the xmlrpc MultiCall class pretty heavily in an application and every time I've somehow caused an error in the xmlrpclib.py code, I get an exception trying to raise the exception.
>
>Here's the most recent example:
>
>grouped = grouper(2, tuple(mc_result))
>File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1001, in __getitem__
>raise Fault(item['faultCode'], item['faultString'])
>Fault: <Fault 1: "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable">

You see here the client side code to report that an exception
has happened on the server side.

The "TypeError" was not raised at this place but on the server side.
Here, a "Fault" is (successfully) raised with "faultCode" 1 and "faultString"
"<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable">.

If you are lucky, the server side has logged information for
the raised exception. If not, you need to convince the server side
to do so.

--
Dieter