[XML-SIG] Parsing XML file with Minidom has problem with cr/lf

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon May 10 07:50:03 CEST 2010

Peterson, Wayne wrote at 2010-5-8 23:43 -0700:
>I am parsing an XML file with Python 2.6.5 minidom in Windows and it is
>mostly working but minidom seems to have problems dealing with Windows
>cr/lf characters. It creates an extra textnode that needs to be ignored
>instead of just returning the xml elements. I have tried different
>methods of opening the file but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It
>is happiest when reading a file in Unix format.

The parser should not see these "cr/lf" characters at all.

Python strings itself use only "\n" (aka "lf") to delimite lines.
The "\r" (aka "cr") should only be introduced when those lines
are written to text files. And they should be removed when
those line are read in again.

Are you sure that you access your files as "text" files?

--
Dieter