[Baypiggies] (Apr) Agenda ... a proposal

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Apr 10 19:57:33 CEST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Stephen McInerney wrote:

> >DRAFT: April 13 At IronPort.  Web page http://baypiggies.net/
>
> 7:30  Announcements? or did we agree to move that to 9pm end of mtg?
> Let's be laser-clear on this. This is when recruiters are allowed speak.
>
> IDEs: CANCELLED/POSTPONED Due to lack of volunteers

Okie dokie.  Not happening.  Period.

> ( Emacs IDE: Marilyn, vim+ctags - JJ)
> Aahz or anyone with a login to baypiggies server - please update the webpage
> ASAP?
>
> > > 7:45  Future Directions       Wes
> 7:45 Logistics and Volunteers - Wes & Stephen
> I offer to co-moderate (if Wes wants me!).
> I suggest let us NOT discuss big-picture stuff like direction, focus and
> group name,
> until the survey comes back in May, but rather simple, basic and essential
> things like (say):

Oh.  I thought you wanted to hold off on this until after the survey.
I guess I misunderstood.  So, okie dokie.  I'm good with this and the
rest.

So, then, the New Directions discussion starts at 7:30.

> - identify specific tasks for which new volunteers are needed
> - we still have no food coordinator for IronPort. This is insane. Someone
> please step up!
> - invite speakers: 24 people have already suggested enough bright ideas to
> fill the calendar
> till end of 2006. Don't wait for the survey to come back, let's get on this
> today!
> For out-of-town speakers, you will need to identify possible dates and
> locations.
> Let us start carving up the calendar among us.
> - getting the very excellent book reviews restarted (Also: Wes - will you
> have the Pycon proceedings for sale at $25 as you promised? or are they
> still in Dallas?)
> - brainstorm ideas for future meetings: * comparison with Ruby * Python
> entrepreneurs * Zope/Plone * etc...
> - etc.
> - anyone who voices a legitimate criticism (and please everyone speak up),
> be prepared
> to articulate your suggested solution and prepare to be asked to volunteer
> to follow-through on implementing it.
> - when we walk out of the room, let us have a clear list of names, dates and
> task ownership!
>
> > > 8:30  Mapping/Random Access   Dennis
> > >        Mapping       10 minutes
> > >        Random Access 20 Minutes
> > > 9:00  Adjourn
> or is it 9:00 Announcements, Recruiters (?)
>
> Thank you Dennis for the impulse towards structure.
> Stephen

Yes! You are both great to pull this together.

I'm looking forward to it.

Marilyn