[Baypiggies] Publicity?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 15 19:25:01 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006, Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> I am quite in the dark who is doing publicity and the scope of what is
> being done.  Is this a capability we need to build out or is anyone doing
> this on a continuing basis?

Publicity?  What's that?  ;-)

Seriously, what do we need it for?  The group seems to be overall growing
(at least the mailing list is, not sure about meetings).  I don't think
growth per se should be one of our goals, just making sure that people
who want to find us can.

Doing a Google on "san francisco python" turns up BayPIGgies as the first
link.  Announcements of meetings go to c.l.py and c.l.py.announce in
addition to the BayPIGgies list.

Before anyone puts much effort into publicity, I'd like to see more
evidence that we need publicity.

Note that if someone wants to charge ahead on the publicity front because
that's what gives zir a buzz, I'm not going to stop it (unless the
publicity is being handled in a way that I think is detrimental to
BayPIGgies).

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"