[Baypiggies] nicer Web site design

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 16 01:56:20 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

> I personally don't think it's very important that baypiggies have a
> nice looking Web site.  However, if this is something that others care
> about, I have a designer buddy who has always made me very happy
> anytime I ask him to do some design.  He works for the Sharper Image
> these days.  Is this something that you guys care about?  More
> importantly, if this is something you care about, would you be willing
> to donate $25.  I expect $200-$300 would be enough.  I'm quite happy
> to let this subject drop, but if about 8 other people are interested,
> we could make the site more attractive.

Before we spend time/money on this, I think we first need to define
what's unattractive about the current site.  Waving one's hands at a web
designer and saying "just make it better" tends to produce poor results.
In addition, I think we also have some home-grown talent in that area,
and before we go outside the group, we should give an opportunity for
anyone who wants to volunteer to provide a mockup design for group
review.

If someone does a really bang-up job, we can give them the egoboo of
sticking their name on the site.  ;-)

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"