[Baypiggies] Moving forward (was meetup ...)

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Sat Apr 29 01:17:22 CEST 2006

At 03:57 PM 4/28/2006, Danny Yoo wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Dennis Reinhardt wrote:
>
>>I am interested in this key passing thing.  Others can hold up their
>>hands and we will work it out.  I already have content for the next
>>several meetings (in my sig) that the present arrangement is not moving
>>forward on so I have already started.
>
>Ok, this sounds good.  Anyone else?
>
>I'd feel comfortable if we have at least two active volunteers with web
>server access to increase redundancy.  I'll cook up a quick-and-dirty
>README on passwords and other server details.

Yes, will be taken care of.  I am volunteering to register the domain and
manage access.   I think we have an enthusiastic volunteer for web master
... not me.  There is a loose team of 3-4 of us who have already been
coordinating among ourselves so redundancy should  not be a major problem.

In this posting:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/baypiggies/2006-April/thread.html

Deirdre mention restricted sftp access for some accounts.  I would like to
get root access for management purposes.

I sense that whoever is providing hosting might want to stop providing
hosting.  Also, the CMS tools might change with a new webmaster.  Both of
these possibilities suggest a server move is in the future.  I hope that
addressing what needs to be known is part of the "server details" you are
writing up.