[Chicago] Leveraging Python (tutorial) Etc. in Chicago (Sept 2)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:47:55 CEST 2013

Greetings Chicagoans --

(spellchecker said "Chicagoite" was improper)

Most your know about Djangocon in Chicago, coming up immanently.  I was
recruited at the last minute to replace a CSS tutorial and, not being a
Djangonaut myself, I'm using the time to do more overview of the Python
ecosystem, with my usual focus on learning Python as a stepping stone
towards learning and teaching other subjects, not just math but including
math for sure.

http://www.djangocon.us/tutorials/

You can get tickets for any of these tutorials independently of registering
for the conference.  So if you've able to escape the day job on a Monday
(Sept 2), consider signing up.  I'm planning to make it somewhat BOF-like
(though more structured).  If other educators / teachers show up, we can
"eduSummitize" a bit (like at Pycon) i.e. continue brainstorming along the
lines of Guido's CP4E.

More in the write-up.

Kirby Urner
(a Portlander -- born in Chicago though)

Python Track Mentor
O'Reilly School of Technology / ORM
(based in Sebastopol, CA)