[Distutils] Distribute 0.6 released

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 12:04:30 CEST 2009

Hi Tarek,

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the release of Distribute 0.6.
>
> Distribute is a friendly fork of the Setuptools project.
>
> You can get more info, download it and install it using the
> instructions from its PyPI page :
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute

I've been working on a branch of zc.buildout that uses distribute
instead of setuptools:

http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/branches/use_distribute/

...and I've hit a problem at the first hurdle. I've changed dev.py to
use distribute, but by the time the subprocess call is made to setup.py,
even though .../eggs/distribute-0.6-py2.6.egg is on PYTHONPATH, I get:

   File ".../setup.py", line 20, in <module>
     from distribute import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named distribute

I wonder if you could try out that branch and see if you can reproduce
it? If you can, any hints as to what the problem might be would be great :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk