[Distutils] what does zc.recipe.egg do with disutils scripts?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Sep 8 21:27:04 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-08, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Reinout van Rees wrote:
>>
>> Chris, you could try out the zc.buildout/branches/reinout-scripts branch.
>> I've fixed it there.
>
> How do I actually go about doing that?
>
> If I just put that checkout in the develop line of my buildout will get
> picked?

zc.buildout has a special "dev.py" bootstrap for bootstrapping itself with a
development checkout of itself.  So you actually need to get the buildout
development checkout in bin/buildout's sys.path.  dev.py is a good example.

Bit of a pain for regular use, for sure :-)

Jim: OK for me to merge the branch back to trunk?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com