[Distutils] stdeb-0.3 error

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Sep 20 07:09:59 CEST 2009

Ok, I found how to control the python version: XS-Python-Version

So now it is using python2.5 but dpkg-buildpackage hits an error:
error: option --single-version-externally-managed not recognized

What is this option?
I've been searching but I don't find how to solve this.
Is there a way to fix this?

Regards,
Gerry