[Distutils] stdeb-0.3 error

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Sep 20 18:35:18 CEST 2009

In my setup.py I have my own "install":

from distutils.command.install import install
class myinstall(install):

and when we call dpkg-buildpackage this local "install" seems to maybe
be causing the problem with the error: option
--single-version-externally-managed not recognized.

How can we make this option be recognized? Do we need to inherit
something from setuptools?

Regards,
Gerry