[Edu-sig] More Pythonic Soccer Ball Geometry (was HexaPent)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:51:06 CEST 2006

> So far, I haven't found a way to make Rick Bono's dome.exe (mentioned
> earlier) output buckyballs (x3 frequency) in a format that conserves
> faces as such.  However, I'm thinking Adrian's Packinon might well do
> the job.

Just a quick postscript and then I'll be quiet about this thread, as
from the point of view of filing a lesson plan, it's filed.  Done.

Feel free to bring it up again though, and I might join in.

Anyway, I'm sure Bono's .pov output has the faces, because he colors
them, so must remember them as polygons.  Adrian's didn't seem to,
until Adrian himself showed me how his reciprocal finder gets it right
off various traditional omnitriangulated geodesics.  I chronicled our
collaboration in my blog this morning:

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2006/07/another-hexapent.html