[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk
27 Feb 2002 09:40:20 +0000

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 19:43, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I'm willing to change the default roster view to list-members-only.

For those within the EU*, the only correct setting is for the list admin
only to be able to see the roster.  You may be able to make a case for
not even them to be able to see the roster :-)

* ie those with EU data protection legislation affecting them.
  I have a vague idea that there are EU attempts to make this
  legislation stick worldwide where EU citizens are involved,
  and US attempt to be able to rape the data whoever its on.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]