[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:28:43 -0800

On 2/27/02 1:40 AM, "Nigel Metheringham"
<Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 19:43, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>
>> I'm willing to change the default roster view to list-members-only.
>
> For those within the EU*, the only correct setting is for the list admin
> only to be able to see the roster.

Oh, good point. I'd forgotten that.

> * ie those with EU data protection legislation affecting them.

FWIW, at Apple, our corporate policy is to manage to the EU standards
globally, because of the nature of the internet.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.