[Mailman-Users] REALLY stupid question

Marc W. Mauss marc at shadowriders.org
Fri Jan 21 20:21:05 CET 2000

I'm new here (obviously), so please take pity and give me a serious answer
to this stupid question.

I've been running some majordomo lists for a number of years, but I want to
switch to mailman.

I "installed" the copy of mailman that came with my RH Linux 6.1/Apach
Secure Web Server.  When I try to add a new list, it doesn't make any
additions to my alias file.  In viewing the archives, I see that I'm
supposed to manually add the displayed aliases.  OK - I did that.  I also
read the "installation" script MAILMAN-.RPM, and followed the instructions:

I did this:
     When mailman is done installing, you will have to run
     /usr/share/mailman/bin/mmsitepass <new-password>

    to create the mailman administrator password.

    then

I didn't have to do this (it was already done):
    useradd -c "Mailing List Manager" -d /usr/share/mailman \
	-M -r mailman

I didn't have to do this (it was already done):
    crontab -u mailman /usr/share/mailman/cron/crontab.in

I added mailman and mailman-owner to aliases:
    # mailman aliases
    mailman: root
    mailman-owner: mailman
    EOF

I cannot find any information telling me where to find the web pages for
administering/adding users to the list.

Am I doing something wrong?  I have been unable to find documentation
anywhere for setting up mailman, or for how to run it once it is set up.
Everything seems to refer me to THIS list.  Please help.

Merlin
(formerly Marc W. Mauss)
RRR01
Honorary CSA Consul to Cyberspace