[Mailman-Users] Header ??????

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Mon Dec 17 16:44:52 CET 2001

On 14 December 2001, Xavier NOEL-LARDIN said:
> I have installed mailman few  weeks ago, and it's a great product.
> I have a question about smtp header.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^

There's no such thing as an SMTP header.  There is an SMTP conversation
and an RFC 2822 header.

> When I receive a message and i look the header, i don't appear in
> recipient ! How it's possible ?

You need to learn how Internet email works.  Hint: there's more to it
than the RFC 2822 header, which is what you see in your MUA.  There have
been several books published on this in the last year or so; look for
titles like "Programming Internet Email" for starters.  Or you could go
read RFCs 2821 and 2822, but RFCs are not tutorials.

> Is there a hidden header. or a smtp solution which doesn't appear in the
> hearder?

You're on the right track: SMTP is most certainly involved.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org