[Mailman-Users] block non-subscribers

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 11:12:27 CET 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 05:03, kevin1a wrote:

> How do I block non-subscribers from posting to the lists I have setup?

[I wondered about making a FAQ entry for this, but it is *really* basic
setup, and the FAQ isn't meant to cover every possible bit thats already
documented]

In the web admin f/e, under Privacy Options, 3rd section down (General
posting filters), option "Restrict posting privilege to list members?
(member_posting_only)"

> Also is there any way to search the archives?

See the new FAQ entry at
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp

	Nigel.

[NB as policy I'm trying to put generic answers into the FAQ as they
come up and will then tend to answer RTFF (with a link if I'm in a good
mood]