[Mailman-Users] need assist/pointer to add-ons for automations...

David Calafrancesco dcalaf at vassar.edu
Sun Nov 25 02:55:51 CET 2001

Greetings,

I have succesfully installed a 2.07 under Solaris 8. No problems so far
creating lists, or even tying them into newsgroups. Things working as
expected.

I have checked the archives of this list, at least as far back as a few
months, as well as other docs and FAQs and don't see anyone addressing
automating list creation. Looking to have a webpage that would only be
accessable to users in my domain, perhaps requiring a confirmation email or
even a full login, that would allow the users to create their own lists
without my intervention.

I know I would need a CGI to accept the new list info, verify the user is
OK, then run newlist and add the aliases to the /etc/mail/aliases file and
run newaliases. I can write something like this, but figure that someone
somewhere has to have beaten me to it and I could benefit from their
experience.

Anyone know of a full automation setup like I describe and where I might
find the glue to put it all together?

Dave

David Calafrancesco
Vassar College SysAdmin