[Mailman-Users] an odd question

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Wed Jul 10 03:42:19 CEST 2002

Greetings,
I just recently installed Mailman software for mailing list management.
AFAIK Everything's set up right, but I'm clueless I guess.
First, the surroundings:
I'm running sendmail on an RH 7.3 machine, called from avmailgate (an
email antivirus prog). ALL of the other sendmail aliases seem to be
working just fine.
Now, the problem:
none of the aliases actually work to get through to the list itself.
sending mail to check-admin doesn't get to me, sending mail to check
(the list), doesn't get to me, nothing gets to me whatsoever.
going through /var/spool/maillog gives me the following results:

Jul  9 14:36:14 wolfstream sendmail[18194]: g69JaEY18193: to="|/var/mailman/mail/wrapper post mud2k",
ctladdr=<mud2k at wolfstream.net> (8/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=30017,
dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
Jul  9 20:39:23 wolfstream sendmail[7119]: g6A1dM907119: from=<root at wolfstream.net>, size=245, class=0,
nrcpts=1, msgid=<Pine.LNX.4.44.0207092039170.7116-100000 at wolfstream.net>, proto=ESMTP,
relay=root at localhost
Jul  9 20:39:23 wolfstream sendmail[7120]: g6A1dM907119: to="|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
mud2k", ctladdr=<mud2k-admin at wolfstream.net> (8/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog,
pri=30018, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

yet it never actually GETS to me (??)
Any thoughts or ideas n how to check and make sure this is actually
WORKING, or what is going on here?

--
TJW      :Head tech, designer, bum:P
Mud      :http://dreamless.wolfstream.net